Sunday, May 15, 2011

What did you do today?

Having spent my entire Saturday in Scraptivate with friends, I do love Kelsey's ATC  and Natalie's Art journal classes, I have felt very creative. Nothing on the calender, so a arty day at home........ that's what I did today.

I really wanted to work on a fantastic Scrapware frame and after several days of planning and messing around with my Cricket I finally pulled it all together.
The Lattice background and flowers were cut out with the cricket in various papers and sizes. I have had my cricket since November and am really starting to explore what I can do with it. I have never been a "simple" paper-crafter, I love depth and texture in my work.



The flowers have been spritzed with glimmer mists and curled and shaped, then left to dry in their new shapes.




I have layered some of them and glued beads into their centers.


the shadow frame has also been covered in printed papers and stenciled  with texture paste in random spots, then spritzed with glimmer mists.
You can get all these products from Scraptivate.


Mmmm I think I need to add a word to the frame. What do you think?
I have finished three other little projects this weekend using Scrapware products.....

That reminds me! If you are just hanging about on Wednesday with nothing to inspire you, come on down to Scraptivate and do some make and takes. Ange Connolly of scrapware will be there!



I know where I will be on Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. This looks stunning mandy. I love the lattice and those flowers are simply gorgeous. I cant wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete