Thursday, September 19, 2019

Paper Rose Hummingbird Garden




Hi again.


I'm back with a project for Paper Rose Studios featuring the Hummingbird Garden stamp set.
 I wanted to create a bright and tropical look for this set of cards.






The hibiscus flowers are coloured with Copic Markers using rich and vibrant colours.
 I especially love how the reds on the flowers turned out.




For this card I have coloured and die cut all the stamped elements and layered them onto a background of blended distress oxide inks. 

The background colours are tumbled glass and broken china. 
I have heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder.






For this card I have stamped and masked the flowers to overlap them, I have then coloured the layered flowers with Copic markers. the sentiment " beautiful" and the hummingbird are die cut and layered onto the background.




For this card I have used a very old technique called mirror stamping.
To do this you stamp out the image onto a piece of acetate or a smooth surface, I have used an actual mirror stamping surface.
. You then take that stamped out image and you press that onto your paper like you would a normal stamp.
. This flips the image so now my hummingbird faces the other way.


Supplies used:

17475 Hummingbird Garden stamp set
17476 Hummingbird Garden Die Set
17304 Hello 4 x 6 Stamp set
16951 Layered Hello Die set
17652 Happy Birthday To You 3 x 4 stamp set
17451 Beautiful Layered Die set

I hope you like this set of cards.

Until next time 

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment