Thursday, January 19, 2012

Printers Tray from Collections

We are well into January now and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown. The holiday season seems to be just a memory! I have enjoyed several weeks off work and put the time to good use by having a huge clean-up in my studio space.

I did find a bit of creative time too! I will say i really enjoyed putting together one of the collections printers trays. I decided to start with a dark background, so I painted the whole piece in black gesso before using golden fluid acrylic paints to colour up each compartment.

I am really pleased with the end result and I think it looks a little different as I have not used any patterned papers.

 I have used goodies that I  had put aside for a "special" project! Now instead of sitting in a drawer or a box, they are on display.

 here I have used a Tim Holtz fractured Doll dressed up with some paint and a pair of brass charm wings.

Brass charm painted brown and cobalt turquois( golden fluid colour and my favorite!),  then rubbed back to give an aged effect.

 I love these little music paper rolls! Especially with the pen nib.

 Detail on the 7 Gypsy vials 

 Little bits of colour.

This is  a collections key lock in chipboard and a couple of seed pods.


 Watch parts and a collections butterfly.


Other than the collectable bits and pieces, you can get all these goodies from Scraptivate, my printers tray is there on display too so stop in and say hi to Natalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment