Monday, April 29, 2019

Paper Rose Cards featuring the Hummingbird Garden Stamp set



Hi There 

For my cards today I have used the Hummingbird Garden hibiscus stamp to make a set of cards.  

I love how the flowers turned out and a big shout out to Debra James for the technique and colours used for the flowers and leaves.





I think the soft and feminine colours would make a great mothers day card. I have kept the backgrounds soft and simple as the flowers and leaves are the "stars" they we a lot of work to colour and needed to be the main feature.





The Hibiscus flowers and leaves are coloured with Copic markers and then the extra contras and details are done with Prismacolor pencils.





For this card I have layered the Madison Lace die cut three times and backed it in a soft pink card. The top panel has been embossed with an embossing folder and a stamped sentiment covers the join between the two.



For this card I have added an embossed panel behind the die cut frame and used my go press hot- foil machine to add a clear iridescent foil to add a small amount of sparkle.

The sentiment has been cut out three times and stacked together for extra dimension and mounted on  stitched circle die cuts in varying sizes. Two of the circles are cut out of vellum and one in the soft pink cardstock.


This cards has the sentiment stamped and heat embossed in white directly onto the backing card.
I have then layered the Diamond Vine die cut onto this stamped backing card.


Supplies used: 
17475 Hummingbird Garden stamp set
17476 Hummingbird Garden Die set
17829 Diamond vine Background
16679 Stitched Rectangle frames
16548 Stitched Circles
16942 Madison Lace Edge
16898 Thinking Of You small die
17886 Cactus greetings stamp set ( sending hugs sentiment )
17883 Beautiful Mandala stamp ( be your own kind of beautiful sentiment)

Thanks for stopping by to have a look and I hope you're inspired to create 

Until next time 

Mandy x



No comments:

Post a Comment