Saturday, June 8, 2019

Paper Rose silhouette trees with hombre backgrounds



Hi There,



Today's cards for Paper Rose Studio featuring  the Gumtree Landscape Die. 
This die is just gorgeous and I thought I would mix it up a bit and use white card for the silhouette rather than black.








These Cards are really simple to make and I really love how the sponged Distress Oxide backgrounds turned out.





To mix it up a bit I have made one of the cards as a shaker card and filled thi inside with pearl and black little stars.



For each card I have selected a light, a medium and a dark tone of the same colour and blended them using a blending brush. For example for the blue card I have used Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon distress oxides.




For the shaker card ( above ) I have only partially cut the Gumtree Die and then used the large size in the nesting rectangle Die set to partially cut it for the second time creating a framed tree landscape.











on all three cards I have used embossing powder to give my stamped sentiment some "pop"

I hope you're inspired to give some of these ideas a try too.




Supplies used:

17667 Gum Tree Landscape die
17901 Sentiments 1, 4 x 6 Stamp set
17904 Sentiments 2, 4 x 6 stamp set
17652 Happy Birthday to you 3 x 4 stamp set
17361 Flying Birds Small


I will see you later in the month with my next design team project for Paper Rose 


Until next time

Mandy x







1 comment:

  1. Love the shaker one Mandy. Using white or black die cuts on a coloured background is always a classy look. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete