Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Paper Rose's It's the little things



Hi there,

Can you believe that we are almost half way through this crazy year.

Well It's my turn today to share a card for Paper Rose Studio.

 Today I would like to show you a set of cards I have made featuring the beautiful Snugglepot and Cuddlepie Stamp "the Little Things"


I absolutely love this stamp and I wanted to create a set of cards that were soft in colour.
I decided to go with Prismacolour pencils as I can control the colour and still keep the details of this stamp.






I coloured all the Snugglepot and Cuddlepie stamped images in Prismacolor pencils, lightly layering the colours from dark to light. To get a really soft look I have stamped them in Ink on 3 fadeout ink.
This ink is amazing as it is safe for Copic Markers and waterproof but will disappear leaving no harsh lines.





I wanted to see how the flowers for the background would look in different mediums so I used watercolour pens on one and pastel watercolour paints for the second, and for the main card I have coloured in pencils, all the details and shading took ages!



For this card I have coloured in everything in prismacolor pencils 
 onto a really smooth Canson Illustration card.



The secret to pencil blending is very light layers built up on top of each other, you need to use a light touch building up the layers.

The Geraldton wax flowers took forever to do!





For this card I have used Tombow watercolour pens to colour the flowers to get a less structured look. 
I used a water brush to soften the colour right down and to blend the colours together.





This card has the softest background of them all and I have used the Vintage Pastel watercolour set from Prima to get the soft colours.



Supplies Used:
17535 Snugglepot & Cuddlepie 4 x 6Little Things Stamp set
17536 Little Things die set
16826 Victorian Oval lattice frame ( for the layered ovals)
16679 Stitched Rectangle Frames
16576 Stitched rectangles A6
16748 Label Two die set
17232 Polaroid Frame ( for rectangle sentiment plates)



Thank you for popping in to have a look at this set of cards. I hope you are inspired to give your coloured pencils a go!

Until next time 

Mandy x







No comments:

Post a Comment