Saturday, January 4, 2020

Sparkle into the New Year



Hello 2020, 

I hope you all had a super Christmas and I hope you all have an amazing new year ahead.

I am super excited to share this year with you and Paper Rose Studio on the 2020 design team.
I totally enjoyed the challenge of last years projects and am thrilled to have an opportunity to continue on into 2020


My first Card  for this year uses a technique that I saw Jennifer Maguire use a while back and I have wanted to try out myself for ages and when the new Amelia Background Die came out I knew that this would be just perfect to try with this technique.




To create this look she has used a paper piecing technique but instead of coloured card ....glitter!

How cool is that!










To create this I die cut the gorgeous Amelia Decorative Background out of Double sided sticky sheet that had been applied to plain white card.

After die cutting carefully remove the die so that all the cuts remain in place.

You then remove pieces of the sticky backing sheet.
 So all the areas I wanted to glitter in teal I have removed leaving the rest protected by the remaining sticky backing.
Apply the glitter pressing it into the glue and brush off the excess.
Next remove the backing for the next colouring repeat the process, I glittered the white "frame" area last.

I love the final result of the background and all I did to flatten out the glitter was to cover the whole completed background with a piece of paper to protect it and burnished it with a bone folder to make sure everything was nice and flat and well stuck down.


Supplies Used: 

18469 Amelia Decorative Background Die
17985 Beautiful Words stamp set
18306 Sparkle layered Word Die

Thanks again for dropping by to have a look at my project, I hope this new year is a good one for all of us.

Until next time

Mandy x














1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colours Mandy! I hope you cleaned your hands off well before going to work otherwise you would've had a very sparkly turquoise face. :-)

    ReplyDelete