Saturday, April 4, 2020

Bloom Wildly card with Ginko leaves



Hello again

I have a new project for Paper Rose Studio to share with you.

To create this card I have used a background that has been printed with a Gelli plate using leaves.

A big thank you goes out to Kelsey for sharing this technique with us in our Tuesday ATC class .
I love how the leaves printed the Gelli Plate and thought that the papers made would make a fantastic and unique card base.



To create my background papers I have printed multiple layers on my gel plate in neutral colours 
layering and masking using leaves from the garden. 
The pages below are some of the papers that I made in a session using some off white, black and gold acrylic paint.










The rest of my card was pretty simple, I cut out the Ginko leaves die in black card and use metallic waxes to patina them using a stiff bristle paintbrush to apply the wax and push it around. I also cut out the layering die in vellum to soften the background allowing the leaves on top to stand out.





My sentiments, from the wildflowers stamp set, are simply stamped and heat embossed in white Nuvo embossing powder


Supplies used:
Paper Rose Studio:
18730 Ginko Leafe Large Layered Die
16576 Stitched Rectangles A6
18500 Wildflowers 4 x 6 stamp set

Prima Art Alchemy Waxes:
Old Silver 
Vintage Gold
Brushed Iron

Thank You for stopping by to have a look at my latest card, I hope that you and your loved ones are doing well and staying safe in the strange times. 


Until Next Time
Mandy x



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card Mandy and a great background use of the Gelli Plate technique we did. Love the colours and the added vellum barrier shape is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete