Monday, May 4, 2020

Peonies for Mothers Day






Hi There


I hope you are all well and staying safe.

Today I would like to share with you  my first project for Paper Rose Studio for May, a card I made for my Mum on mothers day.








I have used the Paper Rose Peonies 4 x 6 stamp  set create this card. 


To stamp out the flowers I have used Versamark ink and white embossing powder. 
This gives me a nice raised and crisp white outline.
The paperI have  used is a heavy weight watercolour paper.




I have used  paint from the Prima vintage pastels watercolour set in soft pinks and greens to colour the embossed flowers. 

The embossing is great as it creates little wells where you can puddle the paint without fear of loosing your white line detail.


My wording has been cut out in Neenah Ivory card and layered onto a strip of vellum.
The shadow, or base layer, for the word Mother's has been cut out of a medium dusky pink colour and layered under the vellum to soften it.


Supplies Used:

17148 Peonies 4 x 6 Stamp Set
17982 Ella's Garden Mother's Word die
18442 Happy Birthday Stitched Metal dies 


Thanks for stopping by to have a look

Until next time 
Mandy x 










No comments:

Post a Comment