Monday, May 25, 2020

Just A Note



Hi There,

I can't believe that May is almost over, 
I hope you are well and safe wherever you are.

Today I am sharing my third card for May for Paper Rose Studio.

Last year i made a set of cards using a technique called" stained glass window effect".
you can see these cards here

 I have made another card using that technique to add depth to just the flowers on the card. 
My last set of cards using this technique were entirely covered in glossy accents!




To create this card I have die cut my Blossom Outline die and it's base layer as well.

After gluing these two layers together I have coloured in and shaded the petals of the flowers
 and  leaves with Copic Markers.
You don't need to worry about any colour getting on the framed edges
 as we will add another three layers of the outline die on top of our base.

After all the layers are glued together and dry, 
carefully fill each little section of the flowers and leaves with glossy accents and leave to dry completely.
I have then added a final layer of the Blossom Outline die 
to neaten up the edges, this really helps to create a really clean look
 if any of the glossy accents went outside the lines.






The background of the card is simply layered up on grey and Neenah card.
I have cut out my sentiment in a soft silver metallic card.


I have glued silver micro beads on the flower centres with glossy accents 

Supplies used:

18168 Blossom Outline Die
16969 Quatrefoil Layer 1
16551 Stitched Ovals Stacked Dies
16576 Stitched Rectangles A6 set
18288 Just a Note Layered word Die

Copic Marker Colours:
G20, G21
R20, R21, R22


Thanks for stopping by
Stay safe and happy

Until next time

Mandy x








1 comment:

  1. Grey and any colour works wonderfully and this is no exception. It looks fiddly and time-consuming, but oh-so-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete