Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Altered Desk Organiser from Kmart

 


Hello

Today is my turn to share some creative inspiration with you.

I have wanted to alter this little two drawer desk organiser from Kmart 

to keep on my desk and I figured it would be a great DT project for The Dusty Attic.


Finished Project



I bought this little Bamboo desk organiser from Kmart for this project.

To begin with I have painted the bamboo desk Organiser in a coat of primer 
as this will help paints and collaged paper to adhere to the surface.





I have covered the sides and back with Stamperia scrapbooking paper. I have also lined the inside of the two drawers with paper as well as the two front pieces to the top and side shelf,
 for the drawer fronts and exposed edges I painted them in acrylic paint.




I used a mixed media glue from Stamperia to stick down all the papers pieces and painted over the top of them with two more coats of the mixed media glue to seal them. This will keep the papers clean and waterproof later on.




I have stamped on the drawer fronts with a Stazon ink
 to give them a  nice distressed finish




I have painted the chipboard flourishes and houses in acrylic paint before gluing them to the panels with 
 mixed media glue.



Once all my chippy pieces have dried I have painted the entire organiser with Stamperia Antiquing Paste 
wiping off the excess with  baby wipes.



I think the end result was really worth it and I look forward to using my new altered desk organiser!


Supplies Used:

Dusty Chippy:

DA0873 Corner Flourish #4

DA2736B Houses By Nuneka

DA0606 Garden Frame set

Acrylic Paint:

Stamperia Allegro Ivory

Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Niagra Falls

Stamperia Primer, Mixed Media Glue and Vintage Antiquing Paste

Stampers Anonymous Fragments stamp

Stazon Ganache ink pad 

Papers from The Stamperia Sir Vagabond Aviator Paper pad 12 x12


Thank you for stopping by

see you next Time 


Mandy x


No comments:

Post a Comment