Friday, November 29, 2019

lovely Magnolias in watercolour for Paper Rose






Hi I am back again for Paper Rose Studio.



Today I am sharing a set of cards using the Lovely Florals Magnolia stamp set.
I love so many of the beautiful floral stamps that Paper Rose have in the collection and I must say that the Magnolias in this set could possibly be my all time favourite. 




I really wanted soft tones for these cards so I stamped and heat embossed white embossing powder onto watercolour paper.


This gave me a raised image to watercolour onto leaving clean white lines instead of the traditional black outline.





I watercolored in the background first using the new Altenew watercolor brush markers from the Spring Garden set.
 For the background I used Evening Grey and Moss.

For the flowers I used Warm Sunshine,Autumn Blaze and Rubellite with a little bit of Moss for the stems.




Once I had a good background I started colouring the flowers in layers starting with my yellow, warm sunshine, and then adding layers of darker colours.



The flowers on this card are exactly the same as the one above. I used my MISTI stamp tool. This allowed me to stay a second card the same as the first, I have just turned it around and that gave the card a whole new look.




Once all the the cards had dried I added Black and white splatters using a fan brush, I did mask off the flowers to prevent them getting splattered.



Supplies used: 

18186 Lovely Florals Magnolias 4 x 6 stamp set
16576 Stitched Rectangles A6
17850 Nesting Rectangles 
18042 Love Large Layered
17304 Hello 4 x 6 Stamp Set
16951 Layered Hello Metal cutting Die 


Thank you for stopping in to have a look at my latest set of cards. 

Until next time.


Mandy x

1 comment:

  1. Love these Mands. The magnolia stamps look absolutely gorgeous and your colouring is perfect as usual. <3

    ReplyDelete