Thursday, June 25, 2020

Sketchy Roses in gold


Hi there 

I am sharing my third card for the month of  June for Paper Rose Studio .
I have used copic markers and gold embossing to create a card that I feel is almost fabric like.

I was so inspired by Yana Smakula's Youtube Video that I just had to create a card using those beautiful yellows combined with gold embossing.


Add caption

I love how gorgeous the rich yellows look against the dark background, combined with the added contrast of the gold embossing. I am really pleased with the end result and I adore that little glitz that the gold embossing powder gives.





I love how the flowers pop on the dark background it gives them a more dimensional look.




First off, I cut out some masks of the two main roses from the Paper Rose sketchy roses stamp set.
I use Gina K Masking Magic, it's really thin and stamping over the masking magic doesn't leave this elittle spots that have missed around the mask edge.


You will need a Misti or stamping platform to be able to stamp again over the top of the coloured roses
 so you can add gold embossing after colouring.


Using my Misti I have stamped out the two roses in black ink
 and then coloured in with my copic markers.
Without moving the stamps I have then placed my coloured roses back into my Misti and stamped over the top with versafine ink.

Then I have embossed with gold embossing powder. I used Ranger Princess Gold.







After embossing I have repositioned my card back into my Misti and worked out where to place my next two roses.
Masking the now embossed original flowers I have stamped the two roses again in black ink and repeated 
the steps once again.
Colouring with copic markers and re-stamping in versafine ink to gold emboss. I have repeatedly stamped and coloured until I have filled in all the larger open spaces with roses.





After colouring and embossing all the roses I have then used a C9 copic marker to colour in a dark background.




Supplies Used: 

18636 Sketchy Roses 4 x 6  Stamp Set
18255 Friend Layered Word Die

Gold Embossing Powder
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Versafine ink
Copic Markers


thanks for stopping by 

Until next time

Mandy x







No comments:

Post a Comment