Friday, August 14, 2020

Paper Roses Cogs Die card

 



Hi There


Today I am sharing a grungy card for Paper Rose Studio that uses only one die set 

 cogs.to create the entire card.

I love rusty things  and the new Cogs metal die set has a wonderful assortment and sizes of

cogs that you can paint and distress.










To create my rusty cogs I have die cut my cogs out in cardboard, I use cereal boxes for the thin 
cardboard. I have also cut the cogs  out in two different thicknesses of black craft foam. 
I don't paint these up they are glued to the painted cogs before assembling the card to give them different textures and thicknesses.

The cardboard cogs are painted in distress paints using the dauber tops. This puts the paint on in a stippled effect rather than full coverage and helps the cogs to look rusted and old.










My background is made using the Distressed Mesh stencil and a very light application 
of some pastel acrylic paint.
I really wanted the cogs to pop so the background is just a hint of colour.


Supplies Used: 
Paper Rose Distressed Mesh stencil  #18126
Paper Rose Cogs Metal Cutting Die #19136
Paper Rose Black and White Sentiment Sheet #19023

Distress Paint:
Walnut Stain
Vintage Photo
Rusty hinge
Cracked Pistachio
 Peacock Feathers


Thanks for stopping by 




Until next time

Mandy x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment