Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Paper Rose's Magnolia Bloom Die



Hi Again

We are experiencing difficult times worldwide and I hope you are all staying safe.
I have a card to share today for Paper Rose Studio.

This is the beautiful Magnolia Bloom Die, 
I am a huge fan of flower stamps and dies and I wanted to create a very simple card that is soft but with a featured background.







To create my coloured background I have used washiest tape to mask out lines, 
I have then used my blending brush to blend Distress oxides graduating the colours from lavender through grey and into green.


Once blended I have removed the washi tape to expose three crisp white lines from the card base colour.

I have used Copic markers to colour in my magnolia flowers
 and then paper pieced the pieces back into the outline shape which I have cut twice and stacked together for added dimension.

It is a really simple card with the background the "star".

I hope you will try some of these techniques yourself and make some time to create.
 I find creating a great way to tune out some of the chaos out there these days.


Supplies Used:

18165 Magnolia Bloom Die
17472 Thanks Layered Word Die
18454 Paper Rose Blending brush

Distress oxide Inks:
Milled Lavender
Hickory Smoke
Bundled Sage
Cracked Pistachio

Until next time 

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment