Friday, September 18, 2020

It's Stamptember SSS collaboration with Paper Rose Studio

 


Hello crafty Friends 

Today I am really honoured to be asked to share in on the Stamptember Party at 

Simon Says Stamp.




Simon Says Stamp and Paper Rose have gotten together to create a limited edition stamp and Die Set.


Customers can purchase the Long Stem Flowers Stamp set or the Long Stem Flowers Stamp and Die set for a limited time, while supplies last.  You will need to be quick to get this set as numbers are limited





Those of you that know my style will know that I am a colouring addict for both Copic Markers and Coloured Pencils. When I received my gorgeous Stamp set I found it really hard to decide which medium to use to colour in these gorgeous flowers. I decided to try prismacolor pencils and solvents as I had a bottle of Zest it that I hadn't used yet!






The flowers have been coloured in light layers of coloured pencils building up the pigment and layering the shads of pink and violet on top of each other. Once enough pigment is down on the paper I have used a  brush and some Zest-It pencil blend to blend all the colours together and smooth out the grainy pencil pigment.





After letting the solvent dry completely I have then added more pencil to sharpen up some of the colours and add extra depth of colour where needed.

To create the card I have used the Paper Rose Studio Quatrefoil Layer 1 and 2 Dies for my background.I have coloured my base layer in Distress ink in speckled egg.


I hope you like my card and thanks to Simon Says Stamp for asking us to join in on the 

Stamptember Party!




Until Next Time 


Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment